The General Insurance
Overview and Key Takeaways
The General Insurance offers insurance coverage to high-risk drivers. The company can also issue SR-22 forms in most states. They attract far more complaints than other similarly-sized companies.
- Accepts drivers with poor credit
- Good for high-risk drivers
- Lots of complaints
2.0 out of 5.0 stars
The General Auto Insurance: Rating
The General scores 2 out of 5 based on a spread of factors including pricing, discounts, transparency, ease of filing a claim, extras, number of complaints, and customer satisfaction.
The General Auto Insurance: Services
As well as the minimum level of car insurance, The General also offers:
- SR-22 forms: Some states ask your insurer to file an SR-22 form if you are convicted of a DUI or other serious traffic offense. The General can file these forms on your behalf in most states
The General Auto Insurance: Discounts
Discounts for auto insurance with The General include:
- Homeowners discount
- Military discount in Louisiana only
- Students discount
- Unbroken record of insurance
The General Auto Insurance: Complaints
As with so many companies insuring high-risk drivers, The General Insurance has a low level of customer satisfaction and also attracts a large number of complaints to regulators. Most of these claims involve:
- Claims being denied
- Delays handling claims
- Premiums increasing
The General Insurance: What Else?
The General Insurance has a user-friendly website that’s packed with educational material.
You can manage your account online, making payments or policy changes, and viewing your documents.
The mobile app offers you the same ability but with the convenience of using your mobile device for account management.
The General Insurance: Pros and Cons
- Coverage offered to high-risk drivers
- Can usually provide SR-22 forms
- High level of complaints
- Poor deals for standard drivers
- Not many discounts available
- Few policy options