Progressive Insurance Overview
Progressive is best known for providing auto insurance, but you can also find a number of other motor insurance products. The 3rd-largest US insurance provider also offers life, home, and renters insurance via third-party providers.
- Above-average customer satisfaction levels
- Fewer complaints to state regulators than expected
- Many helpful tools and apps
5.0 out of 5.0 stars
Progressive Insurance: Rating
Progressive scores 4.5 out of 5 when assessed for discounts, coverage, extras, pricing, ease of filing a claim, complaints, and customer satisfaction.
Progressive Insurance: Services
Expect all the usual coverage options with the following extras:
- Gap insurance: Get 25% more than the value of your totaled car to cover the balance on any loan or lease. This requires you to have comprehensive and collision coverage
- Custom parts: Coverage for custom parts damaged in an accident
- Pet injury: Coverage for vets bills if your pet is injured in a crash
- Deductive savings bank: Each 6 months claim-free brings your deductible down by $50 until it hits $0
Snapshot is an optional app that gathers data on your driving habits and gives you a discount for good driving.
Rideshare insurance is available in some states.
Progressive Insurance: Discounts
Discounts from Progressive include:
- Continuous insurance
- Good driver
- Good student
- Home owner
- Multiple cars
- Multiple policies
- Sign online
- Teen driver
- Upfront payment
Progressive Insurance: Complaints
Progressive attracts fewer complaints to state regulators than you would expect.
Progressive Insurance: What Else?
The website gives you an online quote tool and also a portal for policy management. The mobile app lets you file a claim and summon roadside assistance. You can ask for help with insurance using your Google Home device.
Progressive also offers the following types of insurance:
- ATV insurance
- Boat insurance
- Commercial insurance
- Golf cart insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- RV insurance
- Segway insurance
- Snowmobile insurance
- Watercraft insurance
- Umbrella insurance
Progressive also offers policies through third-party providers.
Progressive Insurance: Pros and Cons
- 3rd-largest auto insurer in the country
- Pet injury protection
- Rideshare coverage
- Looks at credit score as part of evaluation process