Dairyland Insurance Overview and Key Takeaways
Dairyland Insurance is a niche provider catering to high-risk drivers who struggle to obtain mainstream coverage. Based in Wisconsin, Dairyland has been covering risky drivers since it was founded in 1953.
- Auto insurance for high-risk drivers
- Only provides car and motorcycle insurance
- Able to provide SR-22 forms
3.0 out of 5.0 stars
Dairyland gets 3/5 for overall performance based on a number of factors from pricing, ease of filing a claim, and discounts through to complaint data and general customer satisfaction.
Dairyland Insurance: Services
Expect the usual suite of auto insurance policy options from Dairyland plus the following extras:
- Lienholder policy: This takes care of any necessary touch-ups on bank-owned cars
- Non-owner insurance: This bolt-on provides coverage if you have an accident while driving someone else’s car. Consider this secondary insurance to complement the insurance already in place on the vehicle in question
- Special equipment: This covers damage to any approved aftermarket parts you fit to your car
Discounts for auto insurance with Dairyland include:
- Advanced quote discount
- Anti-theft device discount
- Homeowner discount
- Multiple vehicles discount
- Safety course discount
- Transfer discount
Dairyland Insurance: Motorcycle Insurance
As well as the standard motorcycle insurance, Dairyland also provides the following:
- Guest passenger coverage: Pays for treatment of injuries if a passenger is hurt
- Physical damage: This coverage will pay for repairs to your damaged bike using approved parts
- Replacement cost coverage: If your motorcycle is less than 3 years old and is stolen, you’ll be covered for the cost of a new bike
- Roadside assistance: Get access to towing services and emergency services if you break down
Discounts are available for loyalty to Dairyland, and for passing safety courses.
Dairyland Insurance: Complaints
Considering the size of the company, Dairyland Insurance attracts far more complaints than you would expect. This is often the case with high-risk providers.
Here are some of the complaints on BBB, Trustpilot and Consumer Affairs.
BBB Complaint – Oct 24, 2020 1.0 out of 5.0 stars
I am dealing with a adjuster named ****** *****, and he is dragging my claim process. He is not complying with any of my request. Its close to a year and 10 months and he still has not given me a offer for my claim. He keeps requesting for information form me so that the process prolongs and exceeds the status of limitations. This is plain criminal and ilegal.
Trustpilot Complaint -Bryan Fausnacht, Dec 11, 2020 1.0 out of 5.0 stars
Absolutely do not use dairyland insurance, yes they are cheap but they do everything in there power to deny insurance claims. I was involved in an accident where lady hit me w no insurance, police came, etc etc, case closed, right?! No, they still managed to find a way to deny my claim. AFTER it sitting in the shop for 6 weeks w my adjuster Parker Queen refusing to answer numerous phone calls throughout this process. It took 2 weeks to even get an adjuster out to look at my vehicle. All around the most terrible insurance company to deal with, id urge you to spend your money w a company that has better ethics and business morals. This company is a scam!
Consumer Affairs – George Yamika, March 21, 2020 1.0 out of 5.0 stars
Typically, an insurance companies alerts a purchaser when it comes time to renew. I purchased one year of coverage from Dairyland. I did not purchase a second year. At the end of the first year, they charged my card for a second year without alerting or consulting with me. Calling or writing the company appears to be futile. I feel certain that unless I block them from my card, they will do the same next year. After several attempts at contacting Dairyland, there has been no response to my request for a refund, or to cancel the policy. According to many reports, successful refunds amount to approximately 50% due to a cancellation fee.
Dairyland Insurance: What Else?
There are no educational tools available on the company website. You can nevertheless perform a full range of account management tasks online.
There is a mobile app for both iOS and Android, but it’s relatively limited in functionality.
Dairyland Insurance: Pros and Cons
- Ideal choice for high-risk drivers
- Offers free SR-22 to most customers
- Not available in every state
- High rates for standard drivers
- More complaints than companies of a similar size