Encompass Insurance Overview and Key Takeaways
You find Encompass insurance products exclusively through independent agents across 39 states. With headquarters in Illinois, Encompass is an Allstate Insurance subsidiary.
- Available in 39 states
- No rideshare insurance available
- Fewer complaints than expected
3.0 out of 5.0 stars
Encompass Insurance: Rating
Encompass scores 4 out of 5 when assessed across a range of categories from ease of filing a claim, prices, and discounts through to customer satisfaction and volume of complaints.
Encompass Insurance: Services
Encompass offers 3 main auto insurance products:
This is the entry-level policy and includes the following optional extras alongside the basic minimum coverage you would expect:
- Electronic equipment coverage: If you lose any permanently installed electronic equipment or CDs in an accident, but this is contingent on having comprehensive insurance
- New car replacement: If your vehicle is stolen or totaled, you’re covered for the cost of a new car of the same make and model. This will typically reflect the cash value of your car at the time of the accident
- Gap coverage: This coverage makes up for the difference between the cash value of your vehicle and the amount outstanding on your car loan or lease
The mid-range package automatically includes electronic equipment coverage and also allows you to bolt on 2 options from the Special package.
You the find the following optional extras:
- Accident forgiveness: Your rates won’t increase the first time you have an accident
- Windshield deductible waiver: This coverage extends to windshield repairs with no deductible. It is not valid for replacements
You can bundle auto trip interruption for an extra fee. This will cover you for some expenses if you’re unable to use your vehicle when you’re 100 miles or more from home.
The top-tier package includes the above benefits with the exception of gap coverage and new car replacement. These come as optional extras.
You can also get the following:
- Unlimited accident forgiveness: Even if you have more than a single at-fault accident, your rates won’t go up
- Company car protection: The Elite policy covers you when you’re driving your company car
Encompass Insurance: Discounts
Here are some of the discounts you can expect from this provider:
- Anti-lock brakes
- Anti-theft devices
- Automatic payments
- Defensive driver course
- Early signing
- Good student
- Home ownership
- New car
- Passive restraint system
- Safe driver
- Student away from home
- Under 21s doing safety course
Encompass Insurance: Complaints
Encompass Insurance attracts fewer complaints from state regulators than you’d expect for a company of similar size.
It would be a good idea to go check their BBB Complaints and other review websites before doing business with this company.
Encompass Insurance: What Else?
You can view and manage your policy on the company website.
There is a mobile app for both Apple and Android devices allowing you to pay your bills and manage your policy in-app.
Other forms of insurance include:
- Boat insurance
- Condo insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Renters insurance
- RV insurance
- Umbrella insurance
Encompass Insurance: Pros and Cons
- Few complaints to state regulators
- Subsidiary of Allstate
- Unlimited accident forgiveness with Elite package
- Not available in every state
- Some perks only available with pricier packages
- No rideshare insurance