Esurance Insurance Overview and Key Takeaways
Esurance has an intuitive and user-friendly website, a responsive mobile app, and interactive tools. If you have straightforward insurance needs and like managing your own policy, you can get a quote online for auto insurance in 43 states.
- Sharp focus on online tools
- Mixed customer satisfaction levels
- Expected number of complaints
3.0 out of 5.0 stars
Esurance Insurance: Rating
Esurance scores 4.5 out of 5 when analyzed across a range of categories including price, extras, discounts, ease of filing a claim, type of coverage, customer complaints, and customer satisfaction.
Esurance Insurance: Services
As well as the usual range of coverage, here are some extras available with Esurance:
- Roadside assistance: Get up to $75 for towing, lockouts, or tire changes if you’re stranded. Call for assistance in-app, but be aware this will constitute an insurance claim
- Gap coverage: If you total your car or your car is stolen, gap coverage pays an difference between the value of the car and the outstanding loan or lease payments
- CarMatch rental coverage: You’re covered for a rental car for up to 45 days or $3000 with this add-on. You’ll need comprehensive and collision coverage and this option is not available in all states
Esurance Insurance: Discounts
Esurance discounts include:
- Avoiding traffic violations
- Defensive driver course
- Getting quote online
- Good student
- Home owner
- Multiple policies
- Multiple vehicles
- Safety features
- Upfront payment
Esurance Insurance: Complaints
This company gets about the expected number of complaints for a firm this size.
It would be a good idea to go check their BBB Complaints and other review websites before doing business with this company.
Esurance Insurance: What Else?
The website includes everything you need to know about insurance.
You’ll also find plenty of user-friendly tools like the following:
- Fuelcaster: This predicts gas prices so you can pick the best time to fill up
- Coverage counselor: Helps you establish the type of coverage you need
- E-star: Locates recommended repair shops. Choose one of these shops and Esurance will guarantee any repairs for as long as you own the car
There’s also a robust mobile app with the following features:
- RepairView: Check up on the progress of your repair in an approved shop in-app. Get daily photos showing you what’s going on
- Photo claims: Submit photos to an appraiser in-app to expedite your claim
You can also get the following insurance from Esurance:
- ATV insurance
- Golf cart insurance
- Motorcycle insurance
- Renters insurance
- Snowmobile insurance
- Umbrella insurance
You can also find a range of other insurance products through affiliates.
Esurance Insurance: Pros and Cons
- High levels of customer satisfaction
- User-friendly website packed with tools
- Lots of coverage options
- Many discounts
- Lots of complaints for home insurance