GoAuto Insurance Overview and Key Takeaways
GoAuto is an auto insurance company based in Louisiana offering basic car insurance to residents of Louisiana, Ohio, and Nevada. This is a low-cost provider allowing you to buy policies direct rather than going through agents.
- Buy and manage policies in-app
- Only available in 3 states
- The high number of complaints relative to size
2.0 out of 5.0 stars
GoAuto offers bare-bones auto insurance. All policies include comprehensive and collision coverage. If you want medical payments, underinsured, or uninsured motorist coverage, you’ll need to add these to the policy.
Extra coverage might include:
- Towing coverage: If you have an accident, battery, flat tire, or you’re locked out of your vehicle, GoAuto will cover your towing costs
- Rental reimbursement: Cost of rental car is covered while your vehicle is in the shop
GoAuto Insurance: Discounts
Some states offer the following discounts:
- Military discount
- Safe driving discount
GoAuto Insurance: Complaints
All high-risk car insurance providers seem to attract lots of complaints and GoAuto is no exception.
The main types of complaints include:
- Denial of claims
- Manner in which claims are settled
- Unsatisfactory settlements
It would be a good idea to go check their BBB Complaints and other review websites before doing business with this company.
GoAuto Insurance: What Else?
The company website is minimal. You can get a quote and buy a policy online, though.
The website is also available in Spanish.
The mobile app is fit for purpose and allows you to manage your account in-app.
GoAuto Insurance: Pros and Cons
- Get a quick quote online or in-app
- File and track claims online
- Only available in Nevada, Louisiana, and Ohio
- Website reveals little about coverage details
- High level of complaints relative to size