- 1 Quick Summary of the Lash Boost Class Action Settlement
- 2 Main Allegations of the Class Action Lawsuits
- 3 Are you an eligible Class Member?
- 4 What does the Settlement provide?
- 5 Who is the Claims Administrator?
- 6 Who are the attorneys representing the Class Counsel?
- 7 When is the Fairness Hearing?
- 8 Are you qualified? Submit your claim!
Quick Summary of the Lash Boost Class Action Settlement
Rodan + Fields has agreed to pay a $38 million settlement for three class action lawsuits that alleged the beauty and skincare company failed to disclose accurate information regarding its product, Lash Boost, and its potential side effects and risk of adverse reactions associated with one of its ingredients, Isopropyl Cloprostenate.
|Class Action Name||Scherr v. Rodan & Fields, LLC, and Gorzo et al. v. Rodan & Fields, LLC|
|Estimated Payout||Up to $500 Voucher or $350 Cash (With proof)|
Up to $250 Voucher or $175 Cash (Without proof)
|Claim Deadline||September 9, 2022|
|Time to File Claim||10 to 20 minutes|
|Eligibility||If you purchased Rodan + Fields Lash Boost for personal, family or household use between Oct. 1, 2016, and March 11, 2022|
|Method of Payment||Credit Voucher, Cash|
|Settlement Administrator||Lash Boost Settlement Administrator|
P.O. Box 4357
Portland, OR 97208-4357
Main Allegations of the Class Action Lawsuits
The Scherr v. Rodan & Fields, LLC class action lawsuit was filed in California in 2019. The plaintiffs allege that the company's lash boost product caused them to suffer from serious side effects, including lash loss, eye irritation, and lash breakage due to the company not disclosing the potential risks of the chemical named Isopropyl Cloprostenate, which has been described as prostaglandin analog which poses undisclosed risks of adverse reactions and is similar in chemical structure to certain medications.
The Plaintiffs allege that R+F is liable for the sale of an unapproved drug, the sale of an adulterated and misbranded drug, and the failure to disclose material information about potential side effects. Roldan + Fields have not admitted to any of the claims of wrongdoing.
Are you an eligible Class Member?
You Settlement Class Member of the Lash Boost Clash Action Settlement if you purchased Lash Boost from R+F for personal, family, or household purposes between October 1, 2016, and March 11, 2022.
Excluded from this Settlement are individuals who have pending litigation with R+F, have already returned the Lash Boost and received a refund, filed a timely request of exclusion, officers, directors, or employees of the company, and local, state, or federal government entities.
Check out our list of Open Class Action Lawsuits. You may be eligible to receive cash and rebates.
What does the Settlement provide?
If the Superior Court approves the Settlement, Class Members who submit valid claims will receive either a credit voucher to use toward the purchase of R+F products, with no minimum purchase required (Credit Benefit) or a cash payment (Cash Benefit), depending on which benefit they choose. The Settlement Fund has been divided into two parts, $8 million for Credit Benefits and $30 million for Cash Benefits.
- Credit Benefit. Class Members who purchased Lash Boost only once, or don't provide proof of purchase, will receive a voucher of up to $250, and Class Members who submit valid proof(s) of purchase that confirm they made more than one purchase of the eyelash serum may also receive an additional maximum benefit of up to $250 (Credit Repeat Purchaser Benefit), for a maximum total benefit of $500.
- Cash Benefit. Class Members who purchased Lash Boost only once, or don't provide proof of purchase, will receive a cash payment of up to $175, and Class Members who submit valid proof(s) of purchase that confirm they made more than one purchase of the eyelash serum may also receive an additional maximum benefit of up to $175 (Cash Repeat Purchaser Benefit), for a maximum total benefit of $350.
It must be noted that the actual amount of these benefits is currently unknown and may be considerably less than the maximum due to the fact that it depends on the number of Class Members who submit valid and timely claim forms. All administrative expenses, attorneys' fees and costs, and class representatives' service awards must be paid from the $30 million Cash Settlement Fund.
Who is the Claims Administrator?
Lash Boost Settlement Administrator
P.O. Box 4357
Portland, OR 97208-4357
855-675-3134 (Recorded Information Only)
Who are the attorneys representing the Class Counsel?
The Court has appointed the law firm of Keller Rohrback LLP, led by Michael D. Woerner and Juli E. Farris, and Tycko & Zavareei LLP, led by Annick Persinger, who have been identified as the co-leaders of Class Counsel.
When is the Fairness Hearing?
The Court will hold a hearing to decide whether to approve the Settlement. This Fairness Hearing will be held on September 14, 2022, at 9:00 a.m. PST in Dept. 304 of the San Francisco County Superior Court, 400 McAllister St., San Francisco, CA 94102
Are you qualified? Submit your claim!
If all of the above information sounds applicable to your case and you want to proceed with your Claim, make sure to submit a valid Claim From and any proof(s) necessary by September 9, 2022, using the button below.