Kevin Spacey, one of Hollywood’s most prominent actors, was formally charged Monday, June 13 with four counts of sexual assault against three men, London’s Metropolitan Police stated in a news release.
Westminster Magistrates Court has set a date for Spacey’s hearing. He’ll appear in court on Thursday and faces charges that include causing someone else to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent.
The “House of Cards” actor said in a statement last month that he will “voluntarily appear in the U.K. as soon as can be arranged and defend me against these charges, which I am confident will prove my innocence.”
The Crown Prosecution Service has announced that two counts of assault against one person were filed in London last month, alleging the acts happened in London in March 2005.
Another assault was reported which the alleged victim alleged to have happened also in London, this time in August 2008. This same person also alleged sexual activity without consent, in August 2008 as well.
Continuing the allegations, another assault is reported to have happened in April 2013 in Gloucestershire, a county around 100 miles west of London.
These allegations add up to Kevin Spacey’s previous sexual assault lawsuits in the past years
Spacey was removed from his starring role in Netflix’s “House of Cards” in 2017 as sexual assault and misconduct allegations against him mounted.
Spacey was ordered by a US court to pay $31 million dollars after he became the subject of sexual assault allegations, which led him off-screen. The company behind House Of Cards said they incurred financial losses when production ended on their show because Spaceys’ breached their “no harassment” policy and forced them to fire him.
Anthony Rapp accused Spacey of making sexual advances toward him when he was 14 years old. A judge ruled last week that the actor must stand trial in New York federal court after Rapp filed a lawsuit against him for assault; an investigation into this case is currently underway, with all parties involving Spacey denying any wrongdoing so far.
Rapp’s allegations were made public in a Buzzfeed News article in 2017. Kevin Spacey has issued an apology for his behavior in a statement on Twitter. He said that he doesn’t remember the alleged incident involving Rapp, but if it did happen then “as he describes…I owe him the sincerest apologies.”
The sexual assault and harassment claims against Kevin Spacey have been surfacing for years, but the actor still hasn’t faced any major consequences. Days later, filmmaker Tony Montana told Radar Online that he met up with “House of Cards” star at a bar in 2003 when things took an inappropriate turn towards touching him without permission—a claim similar to ones made by other men who worked alongside or crossed paths throughout London’s Old Vic theater where Kevin served as artistic director between 2004-2015. A Mexican citizen named Roberto Cavazos also recalled his experience while attending one event hosted there, stating Kevin would “squeeze whoever caught his attention.”
In addition, the Old Vic announced that it had received 20 allegations against actor Kevin Spacey during his time there since the actor started working in the 1990s. His publicist said he “is taking the necessary steps to seek evaluation and treatment.”
In 2018, Kevin Spacey was charged with indecency toward a 15-year-old boy in Nantucket, Massachusetts. He plead not guilty and the charge was dropped when his alleged victim withdraw his civil lawsuit against him in exchange for $2 million dollars from the disgraced actor’s fund, set up to fight eldest abuse accusations made by molestation victims aged 13–18 years old.